Welcome to the Digital Learning across Boundaries (DLaB) Website
What if the sea level rises? Exploring language and culture in a future setting online course
During May 2019 we will be running another FREE online course titled What if the sea level rises? Exploring language and culture in a future setting. This course is now open to join.
Visit the What if the sea level rises? Exploring language and culture in a future setting course page for further details and to join.
This is a free, interactive and participatory online course which focuses on curriculum opportunities arising from our themes:
- Exploring problems that need to be solved within our lifetimes: preparing for a different future.
- How are we going to be able to live and work if the sea level rises and whole areas are flooded?
- What if the boundaries of geography and language dissolve around the world?
During the course, we suggest activities and ideas and encourage you to try them within your teaching.
After you have put into practice your chosen ideas, you can then share your experiences and swap tips and advice with other teachers and practitioners within our active MeWe community
This course follows on from our successful two previous MOOCs, which are both still open if you wish to view the content – STEM to STEAM online course held in 2018 and the Technology Outdoors online course held in 2017.
News, Articles and Events
On 8 May 2019, Howest student Tibo Desoete and international coordinator Frederik De Laere presented the DLAB project in the Future Classroom Lab in Brussels, on an eTwinning event for teacher trainers. They gave an [...]
A reflection on a jam-packed week, with lecturers, teachers and students from Denmark, Norway and Belgium, all gathered together to plan the 2019 online course looking at ‘what if the sea level rises?’, exploring language and culture in a future setting
Kyungpook National University in South Korea visit Howest in Belgium to learn about the DLAB project
A delegation of the Kyungpook National University in South Korea visited Howest in Belgium to learn more about the DLAB project.
The DLaB Erasmus+ project held its second international day of this academic year, based on exploring language and communication within the sustainable cities of the future theme. Classes at Northampton International Academy and Castle Primary [...]
DLAB was recently voted one of the best eTwinning projects in Denmark in 2018
To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
Below is just eight examples from the Resources Section which contains Lesson Plans, Case Studies, Examples, and Further Reading related to the project themes and sub-themes. To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
- Year 1 - Technology Outdoors
- Year 2 - STEM to STEAM
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Articles
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Examples
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Articles
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Examples
- Yr 1 General Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Articles
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Articles
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Examples
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Lesson plans
- Yr 2 Experiencing STEAM
- Yr 2 Further STEAM Resources
- Yr 2 Hearing STEAM
- Yr 2 Seeing STEAM