Welcome to the Digital Learning across Boundaries (DLaB) Website
STEM to STEAM online course
During June 2018 we ran another FREE online course titled STEM to STEAM. This course is still open and free to join.
It is a free, interactive and participatory online course which focuses on using digital technology and the creative arts in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – known as STEM to STEAM.
During the course, we suggest activities and ideas and encourage you to try them within your teaching.
After you have put into practice your chosen ideas, you can then share your experiences and swap tips and advice with other teachers and practitioners within our active Google+ community.
This course follows on from our successful Technology Outdoors MOOC ran in Spring 2017 which is still open if you wish to view the content.
News, Articles and Events
Kyungpook National University in South Korea visit Howest in Belgium to learn about the DLAB project
A delegation of the Kyungpook National University in South Korea visited Howest in Belgium to learn more about the DLAB project.
The DLaB Erasmus+ project held its second international day of this academic year, based on exploring language and communication within the sustainable cities of the future theme. Classes at Northampton International Academy and Castle Primary [...]
DLAB was recently voted one of the best eTwinning projects in Denmark in 2018
A MESH Guide looking at how technology can facilitate high quality social learning in online and blended environments within teacher education.
To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
Below is just eight examples from the Resources Section which contains Lesson Plans, Case Studies, Examples, and Further Reading related to the project themes and sub-themes. To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
- Year 1 - Technology Outdoors
- Year 2 - STEM to STEAM
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Articles
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Examples
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Articles
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Examples
- Yr 1 General Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Articles
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Articles
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Examples
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Lesson plans
- Yr 2 Experiencing STEAM
- Yr 2 Further STEAM Resources
- Yr 2 Hearing STEAM
- Yr 2 Seeing STEAM