Welcome to the Digital Learning across Boundaries (DLaB) Website
STEM to STEAM online course
During the Spring of 2017 we ran our successful Technology Outdoors MOOC which is still open if you wish to view the content.
We will be running another FREE online course in the Spring of 2018, titled STEM to STEAM.
This is a free, interactive and participatory online course which will focus on using digital technology and the creative arts in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – known as STEM to STEAM.
During the course, we suggest activities and ideas and encourage you to try them within your teaching.
After you have put into practice your chosen ideas, you can then share your experiences and swap tips and advice with other teachers and practitioners within our active Google+ community.
News, Articles and Events
Emma Whewell, Helen Caldwell and Rebecca Heaton presented a paper on ‘How does mobile technology facilitate teachers to learn outdoors?’ at the International Conference on Mobile Technology in Teacher Education (MiTE) at Galway. Their paper [...]
STEAM network event: putting the Arts into STEM - Tue 6 February 2018, 16:30pm – 18:00pm - a networking event for teachers and educators interested in the value of adding the Arts to STEM subjects and exploring STEAM in the primary curriculum.
On 9th November, primary education students from the University of Northampton went to Standens Barn primary school where we had our first STEM to STEAM international collaboration day. Helping with the class focusing [...]
As digital leaders, we are involved in this year’s project STEM to STEAM, adding the Arts to the integrated and applied study of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). As part of this year’s project, [...]
To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
Below is just eight examples from the Resources Section which contains Lesson Plans, Case Studies, Examples, and Further Reading related to the project themes and sub-themes. To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
- Year 1 - Technology Outdoors
- Year 2 - STEM to STEAM
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Articles
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Examples
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Articles
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Examples
- Yr 1 General Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Articles
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Articles
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Examples
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Lesson plans
- Yr 2 Experiencing STEAM
- Yr 2 Further STEAM Resources
- Yr 2 Hearing STEAM
- Yr 2 Seeing STEAM