Welcome to the Digital Learning across Boundaries (DLaB) Website
News, Articles and Events
On 9th November, primary education students from the University of Northampton went to Standens Barn primary school where we had our first STEM to STEAM international collaboration day. Helping with the class focusing [...]
As digital leaders, we are involved in this year’s project STEM to STEAM, adding the Arts to the integrated and applied study of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). As part of this year’s project, [...]
[View the story "DLAB Erasmus Project Day 1" on Storify]
From 9th to 13th October 2017, students, teachers and academics from Belgium, Denmark, England and Norway met at Howest University, Bruges to plan the year’s activities.
Technology Outdoors online course
Technology Outdoors was the MOOC that we ran during the Spring of 2017, however it is still open and can be completed at your own pace. Click on the green button above to join.
It is a free, interactive and participatory online course on how to make effective use of technologies to extend teaching and learning beyond the classroom walls. During the course, we suggest activities and ideas and encourage you to try them within your teaching.
After you have put into practice your chosen ideas, you can then share your experiences and swap tips and advice with other teachers and practitioners within our active Google+ community.
To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
Below is just eight examples from the Resources Section which contains Lesson Plans, Case Studies, Examples, and Further Reading related to the project themes and sub-themes. To see all resources, please visit the Resources page >
- Year 1 - Technology Outdoors
- Year 2 - STEM to STEAM
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Articles
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Examples
- Yr 1 Art in the Environment - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Articles
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Creating Trails - Examples
- Yr 1 General Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Articles
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Case Studies
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Examples
- Yr 1 Outdoor Science - Lesson plans
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Articles
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Examples
- Yr 1 Wild Writing - Lesson plans
- Yr 2 Experiencing STEAM
- Yr 2 Further STEAM Resources
- Yr 2 Hearing STEAM
- Yr 2 Seeing STEAM